I spent my birthday weekend in Dallas, Texas this year. Being my first time to Dallas, here are a few things I learned:
1. The Omni Hotel has a rooftop pool, jacuzzi, and TV's built into the bathroom mirrors.
2. Everyone should stay at the Omni Hotel.
3. The Cedar's Social has a fireplace, a 70's themed book nook, and Sunday brunch bottomless mimosas for $10. (They're supposed to cut you off at 3pm. I'm pretty sure they cut us off at 6pm.)
4. Everyone should go to the Cedar's Social.
5. Katy Trail Ice House has a back patio filled with christmas lights, picnic tables, fire pits, and Rona-Ritas.
6. You see where I'm going with this, right?
7. The Owner's Box gives you a free brownie sundae on your birthday. It quite possibly might have been the best thing I've ever eaten.
8. Just because it's your birthday does not give you the right to get into a hummer with two strange men you just met.
9. An Uber from the airport will cost you $76. A Lyft will cost you $28. Go with Lyft.
10. Cowboy hats do not make you look like a tourist. Everyone really does wear them.